- Phillies keep their World Series hopes alive as they defeat the Yankees at home 8-6.
- Liverpool FC's Fernando Torres has been told that if he is overplayed, he will have to undergo hernia surgery. For a full report, click Here.
- Wayne and Coleen Rooney are proud parents as of earlier this afternoon! At 14:20 GT, Coleen gave birth to a baby boy at Liverpool Women's Hospital. They named the baby Kai Wayne Rooney. Extended story and source: Kickette
- On the topic of births, today is Luke Schenn's birthday! Happy birthday Luke, on turning a wonderful 20!
- Anaheim Ducks' James Wisniewski has been suspended for two games after giving Phoenix Coyotes' Shane Doan a forearm hit to the head. (Official report)
- New players on the injury list! Simon Gagné of the Philadelphia Flyers will be out a predicted 6-8 weeks because of two hernias. Eric Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Judge Baum of the US Bankruptcy court has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes franchise to the NHL. Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL board now have ownership over the Coyotes. (NHL report)
- NHL 3 stars of the week of Oct. 26 - Nov. 1:
- (1) Tomas Kaberle (Toronto Maple Leafs)
- (2) Pekka Rinne (Nashville Predators)
- (3) Evgeni Nabokov (San Jose Sharks)
- Free agent Matt Pettinger, is no longer that; a free agent. Today, he signed with the Vancouver Canucks. Canucks report