12.04.2009

Happy Birthday Canadiens!

As I said in my earlier post, le (grand) club de hockey turns a golden 100 years old on this very day!  On December 4th, 1909, Ambrose O'Brien founded the club and that was when history began.

Now a couple of name changes, 15 Stanely Cup titles, many greats, 3 arena changes, and 17 retired numbers later, we are celebrating the NHL's most successful club of all time.

In celebration, many former Canadiens have come back to the city that made them household names.  Men like Patrick Roy (one of my fave (if not my favourite) goalies of all time), Guy Lafleur, Henri Richard, and Ken Dryden!  Not to mention Gordie Howe was in le Centre Bell too!  And Guy Carbonneau!

Some pictures to celebrate something so great and amazing.  (Yes, I love les Canadiens.)





Dickie Moore, Henri "the Pocket Rocket" Richard, and Mike Cammalleri bring together the then and now:

GUY LAFLEUR!!

Patrick Roy!  Jean Belivieau!

Even all these years later, they still love each other

I think Dryden still got it.

Gordie Howe!  (Let's just ignore the Red Wings jersey)

Credits to: DayLife & Montreal Gazette

No comments:

Post a Comment