1.31.2010

Brian Burke is at it Again!

So as a Canucks and Habs fan, I shouldn't really care, but for some reason I do.  With two teams that I extremely dislike (could possibly hate even) making trades with each other, I had to blog about it.

Dion Phaneuf has been traded to the Toronto Maple Laufs Leafs!  That's right folks.  One of Calgary's Top 3 D has been moved.  It wasn't Bouwmeester - it was Phaneuf!

The complete trade was that Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom, and prospect Keith Aulie would be sent to the Leafs and the Flames would acquire Niklas Hagman, Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White.

Now I don't majorly dislike Phaneuf, but he has underacheived this season.  And now I won't get to see him square off with Keving Bieksa as often as I'd like!  Kaputi!  J'suis triste.  And so is Phaneuf.  In an interview with the media, he had to compose himself before answering every question.

It got to me, yea.  It was one thing for him to be on a downhill slump and on the slumping Flames, but him being traded to the Leafs was just the poison in the soup.

NHL announcement

Edit

Burke pulled another Burke.  Just hours after the Flames-Leafs trade was announced, the Ducks-Leafs trade was announced.

Jean-Sebastien Giguere is going to Toronto in exchange for Jason Blake and Vesa Toskala for the Anaheim Ducks.

This trade I didn't want to happen.  I like Jiggy and him moving to the Leafs is killer for him and his career.  And what happened to Jonas Gustavsson being the Leafs' goalie of the future?  Are y'all giving up on him now?  That's not good for a better performance from him.

The only good that can come from this trade is that Jiggy will probably get to start more.

No comments:

Post a Comment