- Who said they could tell us what to do?! Well apparently, they can. For those of you who planned to terrorise tourist during the games, seems like you can't unless you want some heavy consequences. They have laid down the iron fist with Olympic protocol. CTV report
- Patrice Cormier (y'know? "Vicious elbow" everyone was saying? In the QMJHL...) has released a public statement about his suspension. "[He] respect[s] the decision of the QMJHL even if [he] find[s] it too severe. [He] deeply regret[s] the circumstances surrounding this event and [he] wish[es] Mikael Tam a speedy and full recovery." But even despite his acceptance and understanding, his club (who made quite a hefty trade to acquire him), the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies are trying to appeal the whole deal. QMJHL Report or LHJMQ réport
- The defending champion of th Australian Open, Rafael Nadal, has been outsted by UK's Andy Murray after he injured his knee. My source
- Want to know who's carrying the flag during the Opening Ceremonies? Yes? Should I tell you...? To find out, check in with CTVolympics.ca or RDSolympiques.ca at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m ET.
- VANCOUVER has made the Forbes' list of the Most Beautiful Cities in the World (again). And guess where we are? WE ARE NUMBER 2!! Behind Paris, France of all places! I'm swelling with pride!