2.08.2010

He Did the Sacking


And he sacked himself.  This was the big news that the Montreal Canadiens were saying from earlier today.  I would just like to say, I called it long before it was announced or even thought of!  Don't know if that's a good thing, but I called it.

The big news to come out of the La belle province is that Bob Gainey has stepped down from the being the General Manager and has passed the torch onto Pierre Gauthier.  The former Hab nearly met his 7th anniversary as the franchise's GM, but has decided that it was time to end that chapter in his career.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Gainey (at least not yet), but I didn't love him.  As a player, I respected him with no true emotion.  As an executive, I had to question him, his tactics, and where he planned on taking Le bleu-blanc-et-rouge.

Even though he stepped down from being the GM, that didn't mean he left the franchise all together.  Bob Gainey is still in the franchise - this time as the Special Advisor to the General Manager.

So who takes over for Bob?  Two words: Pierre Gauthier.  Gauthier can now carry the title Executive Vice-President and General Manager.

A new speciman underneath my microscope, Gauthier is going to feel a lot of pressure.  Not just because of where the team is today, but just the fact of the club that he is now the GM of.  But being part of the franchise for 7 years, I think he knows.

Montreal Canadiens, Gainey Now, Over to the Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment