2.01.2010

Olympic Update

Team USA News

Well, like I said - Team USA news.  So all anti-Americans, MOVE ASIDE!  

Paul Martin has released a statement saying that he would like to withdraw from competing in the 2010 Olympic Games.

After careful consideration, I have decided to withdraw my name from participation with Team USA at the upcoming Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver.  While the decision was an extremely difficult one, I feel it is in my long-term best interest to not rush any return to the ice.
 Team USA was informed of my decision earlier today.  I look forward to re-joining my New Jersey Devils teammates in the near future, and would also like to wish my fellow Devils' Olympians and the rest of Team USA good luck in their pursuit of the gold medal.

I am pretty shocked about this.  I understand where he's coming from and all the risks he would be taking if he didn't pull out, but this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity! 

Thankfully, the director of Team USA, Dave Ogrean, has a back-up plan.  The replacements will be announced this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment