- Better late than never: Jonas Gustavsson of the Toronto Maple Leafs has signed a new 2-year deal with the Toronto based club. He will earn a total of $2.7 million over the two years, with a cap hit of $1.35/year
- Pittsburgh Penguins' defenceman, Jordan Leopold, left the ice at Scotiabank Place after just over 6 minutes of ice-time. Leopold received a huge elbow from Andy Sutton that laid him out on the ice in the first period. TSN article
- The New York Rangers have signed Norweigian Olympian and current Swedish Elite League leading-scorer, Mats Zuccarello-Aasen. It isn't a big shock to see that he was with MODO Hockey when this happened.
- 15 players have been named to Team Canada for the 2010 IIHF World Championship (which starts in May). I will come out with a full post once the full roster comes out. For now, this is who we've got.
- Playoff update:
- Senators and Penguins are tied 1-1 in the series after Pens took a thrilling 1-2 win tonight
- Devils and Flyers tied a piece after the Devils clawed their way up to a 3-5 win
- Predators took the first game from the Blackhawks with a score of 4-1
- Red Wings flew back in and grabbed a 7-4 win over the Coyotes to tie the series up at 1-1
- Avalanche and Sharks went to OT to decide the 5-6 win for the Sharks. Now the series is teid 1-1 as the series goes to Denver, Colorado