- Even if his past couple of seasons haven't been brilliant, I still remained on Rafael Nadal's side and bandwagon (no jumping for me). Though I respect Roger Federer, he doesn't have the power of Nadal. And Nadal finally ended that winning drought. Earlier this morning he claimed back his title as Monte Carlo Masters Champion! He defeated Fernando Verdasco with a score of 6-0, 6-1. TSN article
- About a year ago, a tragedy struck the Pyatt & Bragnalo households. A year later, ex-fiancé Taylor Pyatt finally speaks about it. Click here
- Your daily playoffs update; starting with the National Hockey League:
- As the series moved over to Detroit, the Coyotes took the game 4-2 to make it a 2-1 series lead.
- Now in Philadelphia, the Flyers won the game 2-3 from the Devils in the 1st OT to lead the series 2-1.
- Now in our nation's capital, the Penguins take game 3 with a 4-2 win to take the series lead, 2-1.
- The only game to still be in Game 2, Chicago ties the series at 1-1 after a 2-0 defeat of the Nashville Predators.
- The final game of the night saw the Colorado Avalanche win 1-0 over the San Jose Sharks in OT and lead the series 2-1.
- Hershey Bears/Bridgeport Sound Tigers: On the brink of elimination, Bridgeport took a 4-1 win over the Bears to push the series to a 5th game. Hershey leads series 3-1
- Albany River Rats/Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins: Albany push closer to a 4-game sweep with a 2-1 win over the Penguins to lead the series 3-0.
- The only game that went on tonight was Moncton Wildcats/Drummondville Voltigeurs. Moncton took game 2 with a 5-2 win to lead the series 2-0.
- Kitchener Rangers continued on their win streak by winning Game 3 of the Windsor Spitfires/Kitchener Rangers series and leads the series 3-0.
- A little late: Manchester United's Paul Scholes signs a new 1-year contract extension with the Red Devils. Premier League release
- Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett has been suspended for the first 2 games of their playoff series. ESPN article
- Ahem, pardon my fangirlieness - AAHH!! FERNANDO TORRES, HOW COULD YOU! Now the reason: Torres has undergone surgery today to repair the torn cartilage in his right knee. This decision has been made after seeing the specialists at Liverpool FC and in Spain. With choosing to take this surgery, Nando will miss the rest of the Premier League season and possibly the World Cup (NOOO~~~!! ESPAÑA, TORRES! LA FURÍA ROJA!!). He'll also miss the rest of the UEFA Europa League and the return to the Vicente Calderon. LFC release
- 2010 Gold Medallist, Kevin Martin and his team has not stopped the winning spree. Earlier today, K-Mart and his team took the Grey Powers Players Championship in a 8-7 win after an extra end. CBC article
As I put up the poster of Henrik Sedin from The Province, I'd like to entertain you with some sports news: