- Playoff update
- Phoenix/Detroit: After dropping their first game at home during the playoffs, Detroit rally back to shutout the Coyotes 3-0 and Jimmy Howard gets his first NHL Playoff shutout. Detroit tied the series at 2-2
- Pittsburgh/Ottawa: In a situation where they couldn't lose, the Sens did end up buckling on bad breaks with a 7-3 lose and take a 3-1 series lead. Back to Pittsburgh we go...
- New Jersey/Philadelphia: After Dan Carcillo made the OT winner and surprised everyone, Philadelphia continue their winning with a 4-1 win over the Devils and now lead the series 3-1.
- Chicago/Nashville: With the series now in Nashville, the Preds give it to the Hawks with a 1-4 win, and now lead the series 2-1.
- San Jose/Colorado: Sharks try to put away the fluke goal in game 4. In game 4, they pushed to OT and that's when they make amends for their mistake. Hard work and much effort, they win 1-2 in OT, and lead the series 2-2.
- Worcester/Lowell: After dropping their first game, the Sharks rally back to take a 3-1 series lead.
- Portland/Manchester: Portland tried to avoid the sweep, but the Monarchs were just too much for them as Manchester win 7-2 to get the 4-game sweep.
- Windsor/Kitchener: Windsor rallied back to a 8-5 win over the Rangers and avoid the sweep. Series is still being lead by Kitchener with a 3-1 lead in the series.
- Brandon/Calgary: Calgary took a 2-1 lead in the series after a 6-3 win in Brandon tonight.
- Vancouver/Tri-City: Vancouver rallied right back after giving up 2 goals, to win 3-2 in OT. The Giants now lead the series 2-1.
- Saint John/Victoriaville: Back on home ice, Victoriaville take a 6-3 win over the Sea Dogs to be down a game in the 2-1 series, lead by Saint John.
- Drummondville/Moncton: Needing OT to decide this, Drummondville avoids the potential sweep with a 2-1 win in OT. But despite the win, they trail 2-1 in the series.
- UEFA Champions League: Italian leaders Internazionale held Lionel Messi and Barcelona back for a 3-1 defeat. UEFA story
- NHL Awards: The Selke trophy has 3 finalists! The award that is given to the forward who "best excels in the defensive aspects of the game" will be awarded to either Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Kesler, or Jordan Staal. NHL breakdown
Enjoy the news I present you with as I wash away my mediocre to lame 24 hours.