This is something I haven't done in a long while.
- After a stellar semi-finals round, Andy Murray (4) defeated the world #1 Rafael Nadal to defend his title. Later in the day, Roger Federer (3) defeated Novak Djokovic (2) to show the world why they call it the Rogers Cup. But with the win, Federer moves ahead of Djoko to become the world's #2. Federer report Murray report
- For the third, straight year, Canada has won the gold at the Hlinka Tournament with a 1-0 win over the United States. Hockey Canada tells you about it
- Who is the team to represent Canada at the Little League World Series? BC!! The Little Moutain Mountaineers have packed up their bags and booked their tickets for a flight to Williamsport, Pennsylvania. TSN tale
- Now I'm not a baseball fan, but the Toronto Blue Jays have signed Ricky Romero to a 5-year, $30.1 million contract extension. Blue Jays Brags
- The WHL has released their exhibition and regular season schedules. Pick your team and follow at will. Along with the WHL, the OHL and the QMJHL have also announced their schedules.
- Happy Birthday: Josh Gorges (26), Robin Soderling (26), Shea Weber (25), and Kyle Turris (21).