Trade Deadline Day
Usually, this day is one of the busiest days for general managers save for July 1st when the UFA market opens. But the buildup to this day had exceed probably any other buildup! Were there any trades to be made?
The GMs found something to do and some trades were made, but at the start of the day it appeared to have more contract extensions than trades.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Florida Panthers have come to an agreement. The Thrashers have acquired Radek Dvorak and a 5th-round draft pick. The Panthers have gained Niclas Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiler to their roster. Thrashers, Panthers
- The Washington Capitals and Florida Panthers have struck a trade. The Capitals give up a 3rd-round pick and Jake Hauswirth in exchange for Dennis Wideman. Capitals,
- The Phoenix Coyotes have dealt Sami Lepisto and Scottie Upshall to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Rostislav Klesla. Coyotes, Blue Jackets
- The Edmonton Oilers have traded Shawn Bell to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Kevin Montgomery. Oilers,
- The Ottawa Senators have traded away Chris Campoli and a conditional 7th-round pick to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a conditional 2nd-round pick and Ryan Potulny. Blackhawks, Senators
- The St. Louis Blues have acquired a 3rd-round pick from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Brad Winchester. Blues,
- The Florida Panthers have traded Bryan Allen to the Carolina Hurricanes who, in turn, traded Sergei Samsonov. Hurricanes,
- The Edmonton Oilers have traded away Dustin Penner to the LA Kings in exchange for a 1st-round pick, another conditional 3rd-round pick in 2012, and Colten Teubert.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs lose John Mitchell to the New York Rangers but gained 7th-round pick at the 2012 draft in return.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded Tom Sestito to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Greg Moore and Michael Chaput.
- The Atlanta Thrashers sent Fredrik Modin to the Calgary Flames. Thrashers,
- The Vancouver Canucks have acquired Christopher Higgins from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Evan Oberg and a 3rd-round pick. Canucks,
- Jason Arnott on his way to the Washington Capitals from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for David Steckel and a 2nd-round pick. Devils,
- The Vancouver Canucks have gained Max Lapierre and prospect MacGregor Sharp from the Anaheim Ducks after sending Joel Perrault and a 3rd-round pick. Canucks,
- The Atlanta Thrashers traded Drew McIntyre to the Montreal Canadiens for Brett Festerling. Thrashers
- The Minnesota Wild sent Anton Khudobin to the Boston Bruins in return for Jeff Penner and Mikko Lehtonen. Wild, Bruins
- The LA Kings have signed Justin Williams to a 4-year extension worth $14.6 million. Kings
- The Atlanta Thrashers have signed Mark Stuart to a 3-year extension in which he will earn $5.1 million (Twitter [@AtlThrashers])
- The Detroit Red Wings have extended Jimmy Howard's contract for 2-years worth $2.25 million. Red Wings
- Curtis McElhinney has been claimed by the Ottawa Senators. Senators
- Rob Schremp was claimed by by the Atlanta Thrashers. Thrashers
- Brett Carson was acquired by the Calgary Flames from waivers. Flames